Nuclear Blue Grasshopper Jello
2 Cups clear Crème de Menthe or clear Peppermint Schnapps
2 Cups clear Crème de Cacaco
1 Cup Milk
5 packets unflavored Gelatin
Blue Food Coloring (to taste. I use 5 drops)
- Mix Crème de Menthe/Schnapps together with Crème de Cacao.
- Pour approx. 1½ C of mixture in flat dish (approx. 8x12).
- Add milk and stir until blended.
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over mixture and let sit for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, put blue food coloring into the rest of the Menthe/Schnapps and Crème de Cacao.
- Watch the color swirl about in the liquid for a while. Then stir.
- Carefully heat the mixture to almost boiling.
- Pour the heated mixture into the flat dish and stir until gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Refrigerate until it sets.
- Slice into squares, and arrange in a decorative manner.
Sweet Potato Pie
3 Cups cooked Sweet Potato
3/4 Cup Milk
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon Molassas
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ginger
¼ teaspoon Cloves
½ teaspoon Allspice
- Mix ingredients in bowl.
- I like to puree it all in a blender. It comes out with a better texture that way.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350° for approx. 45 minutes. Pie is done when center is set and knife comes out clean.
Serves 4. Good with ice cream (but then, what isn't?).