Alt Friday Five, Feb 29, 2008:
1. Do you have any nicknames, handles, or other names that you or others use to refer to you on a regular basis?
2. Did you adopt it/them, or did someone else or a group give it/them to you?
3. Is it okay for anyone to use it/them, or is it a mark of intimacy/familiarity for someone to be allowed to use it/them?
No. People may call me ‘Evan’ or ‘Mr. Nichols.’ If they want to be formal: ‘Your Majesty.’
4. Do you tend to make up nicknames for your friends and/or partners?
Oh, god yes.
5. Do you use those nicknames you make up in day-to-day conversation, or only when referring to the person in the third person?
Well, most of my friends and family don’t even know about their nicknames, but I believe Miss FluffyPuffyFlowerTheramin and Mr. PookaPookaHullabaloo suspect.