More Custom Figures...
If you’ve been wondering if I've been working on an art project lately because the webcomic apparently doesn’t consume enough
of my life, the answer is Yes!
I wanted to do some custom figures for an upcoming storyline. I started with wire-frame armatures (which sanguinity
kindly helped me with), but I decided they weren’t working well enough. The structure and joints for these characters are now being provided by two Frankenstein’s Monster figures I had. The photo shows, from left to right, a base figure, a modeled figure (not yet baked or painted), and Ping, shown for scale comparison.
Click to enlarge.
I’ll probably add a little more detailing in sculpting before I bake (to firm up the Sculpey) and paint them. If I run out of time, I’ll just do the one, and digitally make two or more in the finished photos.
So, that's what I'm doing this weekend... Current Mood: sculpturistic