This is a response to kr8vkat's post (here). If any of you want to fill out these questions, feel free. No obligation, though...
1. Your Middle Name: M. (Okay, that’s my middle initial; I never write my full middle name on the Internet. I’ll tell you sometime in person, if you really want to know.)
2. Age: 45 or in Binary: 101101
3. Single or Taken: Single. Open to suggestions.
4. Favorite Movie: This is always hard to answer. I usually say “Princess Bride.”
5. Favorite Song or Album: I enjoy listening to music, but I don’t track it closely enough to have thought out what’s my ‘favorite.’ I do notice that I really enjoy Meatloaf’s “Back Into Hell’ and Enya’s ‘Memory of Trees’ when I listen to them, but that may be because I go for long periods without playing them.
6. Favorite Band/Artist: See above.
7. Dirty or Clean: Huh? I’m not sure of the question, but the answer is most probably “Clean.”
8. Tattoos and/or Piercings: None at all. Strangely and inordinately proud of that.
9. Do we know each other outside of LJ? Yes! You know that…
10. What's your philosophy on life? My Personal Philosophy has changed over the years. It used to be “All human life should be celebrated equally,” but my Youthful Idealism has worn thin. I’ve also tried “It Could Be Worse,” “We Fear Change,” and “We apologize for the Inconvenience.” I think I’m currently working with “You can do a lot worse than to be deeply happy while you’re alive.”
11. Is the bottle half-full or half-empty? Allow me to eschew metaphor, and say I’m primarily a cautious optimist. I generally look on the positive side, but I fully acknowledge that we don’t know what the Future will bring, and things can turn nasty at an unexpected moment.
12. Would you keep a secret from me if you thought it was in my best interest? I have every time so far.
13. What is your favorite memory of us? Not so much one single memory of us, but of you. The arc of your adventures from meeting and getting to know Steinway up to now. I like Happy Endings (for as much as ongoing Life has endings).
14. What is your favorite guilty pleasure? That’s pretty easy: Television. My Family of Origin is not generally pro-television, and it’s fairly common for people I know to say that they really don’t watch TV. But I do. I’ll admit it. I’m well below the national average hours-per-week, but I like watching an hour or so as part of my end-of-day winding-down process.
15. Tell me one odd/interesting fact about you: Of my immediate family, I’m one of the least educated (fortunately, they don’t lord that over me).
16. You can have three wishes (for yourself, so forget all the 'world peace etc' malarkey) - what are they? Who hasn’t wished for thousands of things over the years? Despite the appeal of things like the ability to fly, x-ray vision, being able to anonymously punish anyone (like Spammers), having everyone do what I tell them, and a never-empty freezer of ice cream, these are the short versions of the three wishes I think would really make me happy:
1. A guaranteed annual income large enough to keep me in a comfortable upper-middle-class lifestyle or better for the rest of my life.
2. Excellent health and fitness, so I remain physically and mentally active and health-problem-free for the next 75 years.
3. Enthusiastic positive demand for, and response to, my creative works from publishers, critics and fans.
17. Can we get together and make a mask? Um, sure!
18. Which country is your spiritual home? I’ve only lived in the US, so it’s probably the only realistic answer (and I’ll steal from sanguinity, and say the Pacific Northwest part of it).
19. What is your big weakness? Why do you ask? Planning on using it against me at a crucial moment as we battle for Global Domination? You can see why I’m reluctant to admit anything here. I will admit to letting my fears and anxieties talk me out of doing things.
20. Do you think I'm a good person? Of course! Unless you secretly make kittens wear ridiculous outfits, or something.
21. What was your best/favorite subject at school? I enjoyed math, had a blast in theater, but I think I liked the computer programming class most (although it was only available in the last years of high school).
22. Describe your accent. I’ve got a rather thick Arizona accent, but most of my friends seem to be able to understand what I’m saying.
23. If you could change anything about me, would you? Not unless you wanted me to.
24. What do you wear to sleep? Usually a t-shirt and my favorite penguin-and-polar-bear jammies. Back when I lived in a dorm with a twitchy fire-alarm system, it was just easier to wear something to bed so late-night alarms wouldn’t mean fumbling around for something to put on before going outside. It’s a habit that’s stayed with me.
25. Trousers or skirts? For me, I’m a Pants kinda guy. Rarely, if the weather’s really hot; shorts. (Unless the question is “Which do you prefer to see women wearing?”, and the answer’s not so clear cut. It depends.)
26. Cigarettes or alcohol? The answer’s almost definitely “Alcohol,” unless the question is like “Which of these could you happily go with never having in your life?” or “Scientists on the payroll of which industry most deserve to be ridiculed and marginalized?”
27. If I only had one day to live, what would we do together? Once again, I’m cribbing from sanguinity, and pointing out that you’d be spending that day with others, unless just the two of us were trapped on a desert island, in which case, we’d spend the day going on about how sucky it was to be trapped on a desert island.
28. Will you repost this so I can fill it out for you? Okay!