I spent five hours at the Convention Center, mostly wandering from table to table, talking with artists, writers, vendors and distributors. This time I took photos of people, so I could (I hope) put faces to names. Highlights were:
- Giving my card to one artist at a table and having three others lean over to check it out and giggle at the picture on it. They all got cards, of course.
- Seeing The Librarian there! As a fan who approached me, she earned a button.
- Talking to Paul Guinan, who invited me to his Halloween Party that night.
- Alexis E. Fajardo (writer/artist) is creating a graphic-novel cycle of twelve books where the premise is that Beowulf and Grendel were twins. That was the most interesting story idea I heard, and I was tempted to buy book #1.
- It was also fun to chat with exhibitors I spoke with on Friday, and have them remember talking with me. They probably have hundreds of people go by their tables, but it’s nice to know I made an impression.
All in all, I had a great time, and look forward to attending more comic/webcomic shows and conventions! I'll post some more on that, later...